Friday 15 April 2022

Chicken Update!

I know, I know, my camera keeps accumulating photos and I keep failing to post them...

The chicks are getting big -- these photos are from Monday when they were two weeks old but already I need to take more photos as they are now at the awkward teenage stage and not looking so cute anymore!




I discovered that the rubbish-strewn space in front of the house had actually been planted up by Jean with lots of lovely bulbs so have been having a tidy up and pulling lots of decaying plastic out of there -- it's quite a nice space really!


This is a selection of some things I pulled out of the front garden that were not plastic:


As its Easter, I've made Hot Cross Buns...  Also, as it's Passover, I will be making matzo tomorrow -- and I have an interesting twist on it -- watch this space if I remember to post photos tomorrow!  :)


On days when the weather permits, we've been working on the polytunnel.  Concrete down on one side for fastening the cover to -- all hand mixed!




And these are the cross-braces that Danny has been welding on to his hand-fabricated steel frame -- we are going to have the only completely handmade steel polytunnel frame on Sanday I think



Rhubarb plant that we discovered growing in the back garden!  Think it needs a bit of TLC so will transplant and relocated it to a better spot probably sometime in the autumn...


And while the weather overall has been getting better, there's still the odd day here and there where winter tries to come back!

No comments: