Saturday 6 November 2021

Presenting... THE OVEN!

At last!  We finally have a working oven!  How on earth Jean lived here without one is beyond me.  The last six weeks has really taxed my figuring out what to have for dinner abilities -- I totally didn't realise how much I use the oven...


Installing it was a bit of a palaver...  Danny said if we were starting in a completely empty room from scratch we could have done it in a few hours, but working with the existing kitchen cupboards, which are a total mishmash and have been amended multiple times over the years, took us the better part of two days and lots of swearing on my part...

 

But we got there in the end, and we even managed to preserve and use the original vintage cooker point, which I am guessing dates to when electricity was first installed in this house sometime in the 60s or 70s...


Now I have to run the oven through its initial heating cycle to burn off whatever residue is on it from manufacture, but TOMORROW I CAN BAKE!!!!!
 

1 comment:

Bridget Booker said...

It sound's like a lot fun you're having!..... good luck..x