Monday 1 January 2024

2024

Weather here has been appalling of late -- lots and lots of strong winds and lots and lots of heavy rain -- the fields are all waterlogged and we have a lake in our quarry!


Today however was a gift -- we had sun and dry and not too windy -- perfect weather for a swim!  Unlike my last swim two days before Xmas when there was ice on the roads, the air temperature today was 7c -- warmer than the sea!  Quite choppy water -- very refreshing...


Pete the ram said goodbye to the girls on the 30th, so now we wait until April for lambs.  That said, one of the ram lambs (intact) somehow got into the field with some of the ewe lambs overnight so hopefully he did not manage to catch any of them as I don't want surprise lambs after I think lambing is finished and I really don't want my ewe lambs in lamb...

And I'll leave you with a little bit of industrial archaeology -- found this metal plaque in the field -- presumably the 80+ mph winds on Wednesday brought it here -- keeping it because it's got the same year of manufacture as I do!  :)

No comments: