Wednesday 16 August 2006

Cywion!

We are having chicks again! There are definitely three living chicks thus far, perhaps there will be more tomorrow morning? I have tried to photograph them, but Mommy hen is being VERY protective and not really letting me near the chickies!!!




This is quite exciting as even if we only have the three, it will be the most we've had from a single hatching thus far...

So, now that we have more chicks, where are they all going to live??? Well, the last chick we had (who is now 4 weeks old!) is getting rather biggish...


...so we are going to set up an area with electric netting and let her and her Mommy out -- which means I need to build them somewhere new to sleep! This is what I've got so far:


It started life as a planter that Greg made last spring -- nearly identical to this one:


Now it just needs a roof! Perhaps I should go into business... :)

No comments: