Thursday 7 September 2006

Mae'r oen yn blasus iawn

Okay, this is going to be a very long post because I know I have been bad and not posted anything for ages! Lots has been going on here, so I'll just wade right in, in no particular order...

Bart from across the road brought these round one morning along with a fresh trout that he'd just caught that night. It seems to be the time of year for mushrooms -- the farmer down the road has got a field full of them as well -- why aren't they growing in our field???


These chick photos are all very old, and all the chicks are much bigger now, so I'm only posting the particularly cute ones. The old chick is now I think about 7 weeks old, and the three little ones are about three weeks and no longer cute!








The tomatoes are growing well, and although we don't have enough to can for winter, I do eat lovely fresh tomatoes every day which makes me very happy...


The runner beans and French beans are also out of control -- we have frozen several batches but really need to freeze more as they just keep growing!


In case you were wondering what the title of this post refers to, we have taken two of our lambs to be slaughtered. I was quite sad after I came back from taking them there, but the next time I saw them, they just looked like every other lamb carcass I have ever seen, and I can tell you that the meat is delicious.




Gratuitous photo of the cat...


I also made my first batch of cheese -- it's just a fresh white curd cheese -- fairly mild and bland -- but it was quite easy, and has inspired me to be more adventurous next time!






The eggs in the waterglass are piling up...


This is a load of rubbish that we have dug up out of the ground that I took to the tip...


We had a rainy day a few weeks ago and Greg did a superb job of tidying the not-airing cupboard -- how long will it stay this tidy???


The blackberries are also ripening now, so if you're in the area and want to come pick some, please do...


And lastly, this has nothing to do with the farm, but I am having a bit of a problem with my car. She is going for her MOT on Monday, and I need to replace the faulty hazard light switch. I've got a new switch, and am following the instructions in my Haynes Manual for the removal and refitting of facia-mounted pushbutton switches. It's all going fine until I get to the instruction that says, "unscrew the two ventilation nozzle/switch trim panel securing nuts." What I have got are not nice nuts but these metal clippy things as shown below that I can't seem to budge. Anybody seen this before??? All help much appreciated...


I promise to try to post more frequently in future as I really hate having this many photos to deal with all at once! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love and miss you, Jessica.

How'd the wine turn out?

-rich (nyc)

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

Miss you too Rich -- I tried to email you the other week to wish you a happy birthday -- did you get it? I don't think I have a current email address for you...

The wine is not finished yet -- it has finished fermenting, but is taking absolutely ages to clear. Paul tells me I must just continue to be patient. But we have a bumper crop of blackberries at the momemnt, so if I can find the time I might start some blackberry wine. I really should go and buy some of my own kit though so I don't have to keep going down to Paul's house...

When are you and Xina coming out here to visit???