Tuesday 11 March 2008

Dwr dwr ymhobman...


It started out as a fairly innocuous leaking cold water pipe... We got the plumber out, he replaced the relevant section of pipe, we tested it, everything seemed fine, he put the floorboards back down, and he left.

About 20 minutes later, the central heating comes on, and all of a sudden, there's water everywhere! It turned out that prior to putting the floor boards back, the plumber pulled out a nail that was sticking out in the way (I would have done the same thing.) Well, this nail ran though one of the pipes to the radiators -- so incredibly for at least the last three years (since we have been here, and possibly longer) the central heating has been running with a nail stuck through a pipe and no leaks!!! Yikes...

In other news, I did finally get my camera back yesterday, but I'm not sure how many pictures I'll take today as the weather is still pretty miserable...

No comments: