Saturday 2 October 2021

Seals!


I know, once upon a time I used to be a professional photographer.  You'd never tell it from this, but I was just so excited to see seals!

At the moment, our lives basically consist of cleaning, tidying, organising, and trying to find things.  We are nowhere close to unpacked and it's a bit chaos and also a bit soul destroying this endless unpacking of things that I feel I only just packed the other week, so we are periodically taking beach breaks.

We've got an OS map of Sanday taped to the wall and we write notes about every beach we go to.  It's a small island, but it's got a LOT of coastline.

This morning we went up to Whitemill Bay and walked Westwards towards The Riv and suddenly I realised that we were surrounded by something like eight seals!  So we sat down and watched them and they hung out in the water and watched us.  I think it would be fun to be a seal.  They are so cute!

 

No comments: