Tuesday 31 January 2006

Catching Up

Sorry, I know I have been a bad person and haven't posted anything here in ages, so this will be a very long post to make up for it...

Last week Greg and I went on a Basic Chain Saw Operations Course to learn how to safely use and maintain a chain saw. It was great but exhausting. Hence, not much motivation on my part to do anything, including posting here, when I got home at night! We learned LOADS and had a wonderful instructor and on Saturday we went to Llandeilo Mart and bought our very own chain saw:


In other news, I finished the scarf I was knitting:


We harvested the last of the vegetables from the raised bed -- lovely swedes (rutabagas) and carrots that don't taste like office carpeting!


We killed and cooked two of our chickens -- one of them we made into very delicious soup, and the other one, weighing in at a hefty 4 pounds, we roasted and then made stock from the bones later.


And that's about it really... Will try to be better about posting updates this week...

No comments: