Wednesday 1 February 2006

New Lambs!

Okay, they are not mine, but check out the size of these twin premature lambs that were born to my next door neighbours this morning -- they are so small!


In other news, the other day I was in town and Greg said we were out of beef stock cubes -- and then I thought, why buy stock cubes when I can make stock? So I went to the butcher where they gave me this huge bag of beef bones FOR FREE -- when I got home Greg weighed it -- over 8 lbs!


I also started swatching for my latest knitting project but am having a bit of a problem: The pattern states that the gauge should be 30 stitches/22 rows = 4" -- so I have washed and dried my swatch and it measures 6" across (stitches) and only 3.5" high (rows) -- so what do I do??? Any help would be much appreciated... Isn't the yarn lovely and beautiful though?!

3 comments:

cyndy said...

The yarn is lovely (and the lambs are too!)...what size needles did you use to get that gauge?? You will most likely have to change needle size to give you the correct measure...

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

Needle size was an old UK 8 (which I think is a US 6). However, the problem was that one dimension was larger than the stated gauge, whereas the other was smaller, so I wasn't sure whether to increase or decrease needle size but two people have now helpfully pointed out to me that the gauge given in the pattern was probably wrong as you normally need more rows than stitches to get a square, so I will have another go at it tomorrow and post results here...

Anonymous said...

ooh is this the jumper your going to knit me for my birthday this year? im really excited now, the wool is just super dooper