Saturday 25 February 2006

Roedd hi'n bwrw eira!

It finally snowed yesterday, and actually settled enough to look pretty. Of course by yesterday afternoon, it was all gone except for the very top of the mountain. And now I present you with quite a number of completely gratuitous snow and chicken photos...













In other news, there is a bus once a week that runs through Talley into Llandeilo (our nearest town) and I have been saying for ages that I am going to take the bus -- yesterday I finally did. When I got on the bus, I asked how much the fare was, and the driver said £2.70 return. I had about £2.15 in change, and a £10 note, which he didn't want to change, so he just gave me the ticket and told me to pay him on the way back!

Whilst waiting for the bus, I realised that I have not really posted any photos of the village, so here's one -- this is the old Talley Post Office -- it closed about 11 years ago...



On the way back from the bus stop (walking up the hill with my groceries!) I spotted this little cuteness -- love the pink ears! Can't wait until I have my own!!!



I think that's enough photos for one day, so I'll just leave you with this one final thought -- do you think the chickens are capable of learning how to use the cat flap???

2 comments:

cyndy said...

The photos are beautiful...love the contrast of the chickens in the snow...and yes, I would say the chickens are quite capable of learning to use that cat flap (it looks just like the one we put on our hen house!)

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

You can't really tell in the photos, but when I was out there with the chickens in the snow, it was really incredible how yellow the chickens looked against the white of the snow!