Wednesday 20 December 2006

Jessica Drwg!

I know I have been remiss about posting recently, but I have had this cold that just won't go away. I made a big pot of chicken soup yesterday, so hopefully that will do the trick...

The weather today is very odd -- this is the view from my desk at 11:30 this morning -- the sun is trying to come out, but it is SO very foggy. When I went up the field this morning to let the chickens out I looked back and I couldn't see our house! Here you can only just barely see the bridge! :)

Back to the chicken -- I would like to say a big thank you to Greg for plucking the chicken for me -- plucking chickens has got to be one of the most tedious tasks I know of...

My friend Angela made us this most excellent Xmas cake -- with a map of our house on it! It is absolutely delicious too!!! Thank you Angela!!!

In other news, things are growing, both good and bad: These are the carrots we are storing in sand -- I am thinking that they've just sprouted because it's been so mild... Is there anything I can do about this or should I just not worry?

And the garlic, which I wasn't expecting to see until the spring, has also started -- is this because of the weather as well? It really doesn't feel like Xmas time at all because it has just been so warm and wet all month...



1 comment:

cyndy said...

oh, I hope you are feeling better soon! (that soup looks great...and the cake is splendid!)

I usually plant my garlic in the fall, and it starts coming up (but just pokes it spears up not even an inch) before spring, then it really takes off...I pick off the scapes and harvest in late summer. I would guess you will be ok ...keep us posted.