Monday 23 July 2007

Pwy yw hwn???

Some sad news to start with -- I went out Saturday morning to feed the ducks -- and Dai was dead. No idea what happened -- it wasn't a fox or anything as he was completely uninjured, just dead. Poor little Del has been distraught and lonely and missing her Dai, so this afternoon I went out and bought her a new friend -- introducing Dewi:

I got him from Sandra Barnard, the treasurer of the Call Duck Association, who conveniently lives just a few villages over from here. I put him down on the bank of the pond near where Del was and he was straight into the water after her...

Dewi's the one on the left. He's a bit smaller than her, but he's also younger than her I think, so perhaps he's got a bit more growing to do.

Speaking of growing, this is lamb #3, the little wet dish rag I thought was going to die:

Lamb #5 (with his mother) has also grown quite a lot:

And here's the ram lamb, looking nice and manly...

Things are sort of growing the garden as well -- the courgettes have finally started to flower, but the plants themselves aren't particularly big, so I'm not sure how much fruit we'll get. This time last year, we were already starting to eat the courgettes...

6 comments:

Mojavi said...

I have to ask because I am clueless... what is the language you write in besides english?

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

It is Welsh -- because we live in Wales!

willow said...

My courgette plants look just like that. They seem to be struggling so much I wonder whether they have the strength to grow any courgettes.
Your lambs all look very sweet.

Mojavi said...

ahhhhh thanks :) I would love to visit Wales one day, from your view point it is beautiful!

cyndy said...

Aww, that is sad news about Dai. I am sorry, but glad that you found another playmate for Del.

Is a courgette a type of squash?

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

Courgette = zucchini! Two nations divided by a common language...