Tuesday 28 March 2006

Catching up again...

It is supposed to be spring, but I don't think anybody has remembered to tell the weather! The daffodils have started to come out only to be bashed about by the horrendous gales and storms we have been having. At the entrance to the big field, there is a stream that runs under the gate -- yesterday morning when I was crossing the stream (normally less than an inch deep) the water came over the tops of my boots!

It's been a while since I posted any gratuitous egg photos, so here's one in case you were missing your fix. It never fails to amaze me the endless variety of sizes and colours of egg we get from seemingly identical hens!


In other news, we bought some fruit stocks the other week -- these are black currant, gooseberry, raspberry, and strawberry. We have planted out the strawberries already, but need to wait for a few good dry days before we can do the rest as it is just too wet to dig right now.

And this last photo has got nothing to do with anything really -- I found it on the internet while looking for something else -- and it really made me realise how much my life has changed over the last few years. For those of you who don't know, this is the building I lived in when I lived in New York! Apologies to the unknown photographer who I have stolen this from.

No comments: