On Sunday morning, I went out to let the chickens out, and found that the hen that has been poorly recently was dead. The other chickens were a bit disturbed but they seem to have forgotten about it now. As this was the third chicken that has been ill (the first one we killed, and the second one we cured with antibiotics) we decided to pay for a post-mortem to be done in the hopes that we can find out what is going on here to prevent it happening with any more of the chickens. I should have a preliminary report back from the vet by Wednesday.
In other news, we are finally buying a trailer -- so we can move sheep, muck, and other large things... I put down a deposit yesterday and we should have the trailer in 4-6 weeks time.
I baked some lovely bread with seeds in from flour that Dorothy gave us -- not quite sure why as I did it the same way I always do, but it was particularly good!
And last night the toilet broke, so first thing this morning I am off to the builders' yard to buy a new syphon so I can flush again! :)
3 hours ago