Monday 1 September 2014

Newyddion

Sorry, got rather distracted by various bike related things last week which I will hopefully shortly have an update on, but bikes really do tend to take over your life!  To that end, I've sorted myself out a bike corner in the kitchen now so the bike and all the bike stuff will live here and it will stop taking over my house...!  One of the problems with living in a car-centric culture is that there aren't ready-made solutions for other modes of transport.  When I had a car, I parked it on the street in front of my house.  I suppose I could leave the bike out front, but then it would get wet, so it has to come into the house and take up space in the world's smallest house...  So I got this handy wall hanger thingie, and then the other hook that my rucksack and jacket are hanging from is something that I found in this house when I bought it...


The garden is coming along in leaps and bounds...


...and we ate the first fruits of it (or should that be vegetables?) yesterday -- radishes -- the fastest growing edible plant ever!  (With the exception perhaps of nettles!!!)



And in fact, dinner yesterday was comprised completely of foods that I know the provenance of once again...


Lamb chops and kidneys courtesy of Patrick and potatoes dauphinoise courtesy of Bridget!

Pudding was apple crumble, courtesy of Arriva Trains Wales and 10 minutes of our labour...




Now the question is, what do I do with the rest of the apples?!  We picked about 24 pounds and there are still tons more there if anybody else wants...

No comments: